Automobile clutch release bearings are one of the important parts in automobiles. With the development of the automobile industry, it has appeared in many structural forms. The automotive clutch release bearings have developed from a low-speed unit with no centering performance, outer ring rotation, cast iron sleeve or inner ring combined with sleeve to a high-speed and high-reliability clutch bearing unit with automatic centering performance, inner ring rotation, stamping ring and stamping sleeve or plastic sleeve, which reduces the weight, lowers the cost, realizing componentization, lightweight, high reliability and long life.
1. Common (non self-aligning) clutch release bearing
This kind of product structure mainly includes two kinds of angular contact ball bearings, one with stamping outer cover and the other with unilateral rubber sealing ring. Generally, it is outer ring rotation and can not be used alone, which needs to be used with a cast iron sleeve. This kind of automotive clutch release bearings are gradually replaced by automatic self-aligning clutch release bearing.
2. Self-aligning clutch release bearing assembly
The automatic centering clutch release bearing assembly has the characteristics of automatic centering, long life and lightweight. It has the function of reducing noise, wear and damage of matching parts. The core part of the self-aligning clutch bearing is a set of angular contact ball bearings. From the analysis of material selection and performance, the main characteristics are as follows.
1. Nylon cage is used to isolate and guide the steel ball in the angle contact ball of automobile clutch release bearings. Its weight is lighter than that of the traditional steel cage, and it has good self-lubricating performance. Even under poor lubrication conditions, it can reliably perform its function.
2. Automobile clutch release bearings have self-aligning release bearings with inner ring rotation. From the kinematics point of view, it is superior to the processing method of outer ring rotation and can avoid the centrifugal effect of the rotating outer ring on the grease.
3. The sleeve materials are cast iron and glass fiber reinforced nylon 66. Compared with the corresponding cast iron structure, the weight of reinforced nylon 66 is significantly reduced, especially the plastic has good sliding performance, which can give up the grease lubrication between the automobile clutch release bearing sleeve and the aluminum alloy front cover guide sleeve. Grease lubrication is used in conventional clutches. The grease becomes a stagnant place for dust and abrasive particles. Coupled with the increase in temperature, the release bearing on the front cover guide sleeve is scabs and blocked. The plastic sleeve and the metal guide sleeve of the front cover can form a dry sliding friction pair with little wear, which can completely eliminate this shortcoming caused by grease.
4. The automotive clutch release bearings adopt a rubber sealing ring, which is more reliable to prevent grease leakage than the steel stamping cover.